SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick is the flash drive reinvented to work not just with your computer, but also with your phone and tablet. With the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick in your pocket, in your bag or across the room, you can wirelessly access your media or transfer large files, stream HD videos and music, and save and share photos and videos to and from any mobile device.
Delivering up to 200GB* of extra capacity and a 4.5 hour battery life, the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick empowers your mobile lifestyle—whether you’re running a sales meeting or taking a hike in the woods. No other USB flash drive lets you stream videos or music to as many as three other devices at the same time, or offers access to all your content from your jean pocket. And when you need to charge up, use the included USB connector to plug in.
- Download and install the SanDisk Connect app on your mobile device. The new SanDisk Connect app will provide all the same functions as the first generation SanDisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive, and now enables users to: play various video types2 (iOS), support file extensions (iOS), automatically backup camera roll/gallery from mobile device to the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick, and experience a new user friendly graphic user interface (GUI)
SanDisk has many apps available, so please ensure you select the correct application, matching the icon image shown here:
- Apps are available for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire devices
- Turn on the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick by pressing and releasing the power button.
- LED Status Indicators:
- Device on: White blinking
- Wi-Fi Data Transfer: White rapid blinking
- Battery charging: Amber solid (changes to White when fully charged)
- Low Battery Warning: Red blinking
- Firmware update: Color cycling
- Connect to Wireless Stick Wi-Fi network “SanDisk Connect”:
- ###### will be a unique identifier for your specific unit.
- iPhone or iPad Connect to the Wireless Stick Wi-Fi network through the device settings
- Click on the Settings icon
- Click on Wi-Fi
- Select “SanDisk Connect”
- Android devices: Skip to step 4. You will select your Wireless Stick through the app
- PC & Mac computer: Connect to the Wireless Stick Wi-Fi network through the computer network settings Access files through a web browser via http://www.sandisk.com/myconnect
So what are the unique features of this device? There are quite a few, let us list some key ones here
The Flash Drive Reinvented
Imagine a flash drive that you don’t ever have to plug in, except to charge it. Imagine that it works with your phone, your tablet, your computer—and all your friends’ devices—wirelessly. Now imagine it works wherever you are—even if you happen to be in the kitchen and your SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick is in the den.
Wirelessly save and access all your stuff
With the SanDisk Connect app installed on your phone, you can upload, download, save, share and play all your stuff from a distance, to and from any device.
Share with all your best friends
Don’t be selfish with your selfies—or with presentations, pictures or your favorite music. SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick can share content with multiple devices at once. Think about that for your next team meeting, flight across the country or next road trip.
Stream videos to up to 3 devices – at the same time
SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick is a great entertainer, too. You can stream music or videos to three phones, tablets or computers as long as they’re somewhere in the vicinity—the back seat, the next tent or the other end of the conference table.
Key Technical Specifications
- Form Factor: USB flash drive
- Memory/Storage: embedded flash memory, not user removable (available capacities: 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB, and 128 GB*)
- Battery Type: Built-in, non-replaceable rechargeable lithium polymer battery
- Operating Duration: Up to 4.5 hours of continuous usage1
- Battery Charging:
- Over USB 2.0-powered connection (500mA); up to 2 hours for a full charge
- Simultaneous wireless usage and charge with compatible USB power adapter
- Wireless Connectivity: Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- Wireless Range: Up to 45m (150 feet) line-of-sight
- Wireless Security: WPA2
- Status LED: Power/Battery & Wi-Fi activity
- Integrated lanyard slot
- Environmental Requirements
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 113°F (0°C – 45°C)
- Storage temperature: -4°F to 113°F (-20°C – 70°C)
- Operating relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3,048m)
- Maximum File Size: <4GB (16 GB, 32 GB versions), limited only by capacity (64 GB, 128 GB versions)
- Dimensions: 3.03” x 0.75” x 0.43” (77mm x 19mm x 11mm)
- Weight: 21.76g (0.77oz)
- System Requirements:
- USB 2.0 connection interface or higher
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4Ghz capable device
- Mobile device: iOS version 8.0 or higher, Android version 4.2 or higher
- Other Wi-Fi® enabled devices: a web browser, WebDAV client
- PC or Mac: Windows® 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, or Mac OS 10.6 or higher
- One year limited warranty [US, Canada]
- Two Year warranty [EMEA & LATAM, APAC, China, Japan]
So, All in all, this stick is good to have a common repository of stuff and access them across devices and wirelessly. For families and friends groups this will give endless hours of enjoyment with shared entertainment. Very good option if you ask us.