Wynk Music (“Wynk”), the OTT music app from Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), today said that it has crossed the 50 million app installs mark, underlining its growing popularity amongst music lovers in India.
Wynk music now plays appx. one billion songs per month. The app has seen number of daily songs streamed grow by 200% over the last one year and its users are spending more average daily time on the app.
As per App Annie data, Wynk now has the highest* number of active daily users in its category. It also has the largest* share of category time amongst all music streaming apps in India. The average daily time spent on the app by users has grown by 25% over last year, making Wynk one of the most active mobile apps in India across all categories.
Wynk is amongst the most downloaded music streaming apps in India with close to 100,000 daily installs. 45% of the overall Wynk users are non-Airtel customers, making it one of the largest carrier agnostic platforms from a telco globally.
Kartik Sheth, CEO – Wynk said, “This milestone is a testament to the love we get from our users and we want to thank them for their support in making this exciting journey possible. We remain obsessed with delivering the best experience to our users and will continue to bring more in-app innovations and make significant investments to raise the bar further. Also, at Wynk we are very proud to have contributed to the cause of curbing piracy by bringing music to users in a convenient and affordable manner.”
“To be able to continue driving innovation and upping the user experience, we have rolled out a few app monetization pilots, which we plan to scale up as part of our growth strategy.” added Kartik Sheth
In addition to carefully curated and expanding music catalog, Wynk’s innovative design features that help users save up to 70% data and deliver a seamless music experience across all network technologies have added to the app’s popularity.
Bollywood music is still the most popular category for Wynk users, making up 54% of overall songs plays. English music has grown to 26% and Regional music makes up for the remaining share. Along with a deeper regional music focus, Wynk recently added the entire repertoire of most in-demand international artists- Metallica & Taylor Swift.
Wynk’s carefully curated content kitty boasts of close to 3 Million songs from over 500 labels in 12 regional languages. Wynk has streaming partnership rights with nearly all content providers and labels in the industry providing users an unmatchable entertainment experience.
Wynk’s journey to 50 million:
- Sep 2014: Wynk launched in India; crosses 1 lakh downloads in 4 days
- Feb 2015: Crosses 5 million app downloads
- Jun 2015: Launches Data Save Mode
- Nov 2015: Crosses 12 million app downloads
- Jan 2016: Introduces MP3 Player Function- Plays Local MP3 files
- Jul 2016: Launches the Wynk mobile site https://music.wynk.in
- Jul 2016: Crosses 25 million download mark
- October 2016: Crosses half a billion monthly song plays
- Mar 2017: Crosses 50 million downloads mark
* As per App Annie Data, Wynk Music Users spent the highest amount of time per day on the app within local music streaming apps in the Music & Audio category on Android phone in February 2017. The average Wynk user spends 20% more time on the app compared to its closest competitor app in the category. Wynk Music App also enjoys the highest number of daily active users. This makes Wynk the most active local music streaming app on Android phone in India.