Oracle today announced the new batch of startups for its Startup Cloud Accelerator Program in Bengaluru. Shortlisted from among several hundreds of startup applicants, the new cohort comprises an interesting mix of innovative companies using artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies. This is the third cohort in Bengaluru, following the success of the first two cohorts.
The new startups from Bengaluru are Dressire, MusicMuni, SafeHats, StatDecisionLabs and Teknospire. These startups are leveraging new technology solutions across industries such as fashion, music, healthcare, finance and cyber security. The startups will be entitled to technical and business mentoring by Oracle and industry experts, along with free Oracle Cloud credits, 24×7 access to a co-working space within Oracle’s premises, as well as access to Oracle’s vast ecosystem of customers, investors and partners.
“We’re pleased with the overwhelming response to the Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator program. As Indian startups continue to make noticeable strides in technology-led innovation, we are excited to welcome the new batch of startups and look forward to helping them scale new heights,” said Sanket Atal, group vice president of Development, Oracle. “Each of the new startups bring a unique proposition to their industry and come with high-growth potential. We’ll continue to encourage bright minds by creating an environment where engineering thrives.”
Details of the new cohort at the Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator program in Bengaluru:
- Dressire is an AI and advanced analytics based solution by Innowave E Ventures Pvt. Ltd. that enables real-time personalization for shoppers (online and offline) targeted toward malls, retailers and brands.
- MusicMuni is the provider of an AI-powered pocket music guru, Riyaz, which helps people sing in a gamified environment, giving instant visual feedback.
- SafeHats helps enterprises create and run customized bug bounty programs to drive an inherent security culture within the organization.
- StatDecisionLabs provides an ML driven big data product that automates credit management process and enables lenders to lower delinquencies, increase cash flow, improve approval rates and offer better provisioning.
- Teknospire is a FinTech startup driving financial inclusion for every individual, to build a cashless society. It offers a 360obanking solution through advanced technology deployment for consumers and financial institutions.
Bengaluru, known as India’s answer to Silicon Valley, is fast emerging as a key global startup epicenter. According to the Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2017 by startup Genome, Bengaluru ranks at the top, when pitted against India’s various startup ecosystems, and stands at rank 20 globally. Venture capital funds have also favoured Bengaluru over many other cities, resulting in a substantial rise in the amount of startup funding in the region.
Launched in April 2016, the Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator Program is a next-generation acceleration initiative driven by Oracle R&D. The program focuses on re-imagining enterprise innovation through collaborations with startups that foster co-development and co-innovation, advancing the ‘Digital India’ initiative.