Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the Red Hat Hybrid Cloud Series, an event for open hybrid cloud strategists and practitioners taking place across Asia Pacific. The event will travel to 11 countries covering major cities, including Beijing, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Mumbai, Manila, Seoul, Singapore, Taipei and Tokyo.
With the theme, “Bridge Your Clouds. Build Your Future”, Red Hat aims to share how enterprises can accelerate and architect a hybrid cloud strategy designed to speed innovation and give a competitive edge. The event will also focus on Red Hat’s open hybrid cloud strategy and discuss the recent launch of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and Red Hat OpenShift 4.
According to IDC*, 70 percent of customers already deploy multicloud environments and 64 percent of applications in a typical IT portfolio today are based in a cloud environment, whether public or private. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 forms the foundation for Red Hat’s hybrid cloud portfolio and is built to support workloads and operations that stretch from enterprise datacenters to multiple public clouds. Red Hat OpenShift 4 is the next generation of Red Hat’s trusted enterprise Kubernetes platform, reengineered to address the complex realities of container orchestration in production systems.
Several Red Hat executives are scheduled to attend and participate in the events across APAC, including: Stefanie Chiras, vice president and general manager, Red Hat Enterprise Linux; Sathish Balakrishnan, vice president, Hosted Platforms and Operations; Martin Klaus, senior director, Cloud Platforms; Ron Pacheco, director, Red Hat Enterprise Linux product management; Kingsley Wood, senior director, Cloud Solutions APAC and Brendan Paget, director, Portfolio Management in the APAC Office of Technology.
The event keynote will discuss Red Hat’s open hybrid cloud strategy and share business insights about cloud-native applications and Kubernetes. Red Hat executives will also offer direction for how organizations can implement a hybrid cloud infrastructure with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and Red Hat OpenShift 4. The keynote will also include a technical demo and customer cases. This year, the software and applications running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux will touch $10 trillion of global business revenue, as estimated by IDC in a report sponsored by Red Hat on the economic impact of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Red Hat Hybrid Cloud Series schedule:
- June 18: Seoul, Korea
- June 20: Tokyo, Japan
- July 3: Beijing, China
- July 9: Singapore
- July 11: Jakarta, Indonesia
- July 16: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- July 17: Mumbai, India
- July 23: Bangkok, Thailand
- July 25: Manila, the Philippines
- July 26: Hong Kong
- July 30: Taipei, Taiwan
Event discussion themes:
- The trends and best practices for designing, planning and operationalizing an open hybrid cloud approach
- How leading companies deliver innovative apps and services through Kubernetes and containerization
- Security, compliance and governance considerations for apps and workloads that run on a mix of public and private clouds
- The automation and management capabilities required to extend into public clouds without losing control
- Why the introduction of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and Red Hat OpenShift 4 can be transformational for hybrid clouds
*IDC, Market Analysis Perspective: Worldwide Core and Edge Computing Platforms, Sept. 2018
- Learn more about the Hybrid Cloud Event series
- Get more news on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Get more news on Red Hat OpenShift 4
Connect with Red Hat