I use a Mi phone and the best thing about it is MIUI, my phone has MIUI6. It is a landmine of hidden and useful features that add value to android users, let us see how to lock apps using MIUI. This is useful if you give your phone to other people frequently or leave it lying on your table. Even if someone picks up your phone, you can protect your sensitive apps with a pattern or a PIN or a password. So your data is always safe and secure. Note that I have done this only with MIUI6 and cannot vouch for other android versions.
Here are the steps
- Go to Settings –> Privacy –> Privacy Protection.
- Enable the permissions toggle
- You will be asked to verify your unlock pattern/PIN or password
- Then you will be asked to set another pattern/PIN/password for app access and confirm it
- After that tap on “Lock Apps”
- You will see a list of all apps on the phone
- Each one has a toggle to enable/disable protection
- Protect apps that you want to restrict access to
That’s it! Whenever any app that you have protected is tapped, the pattern/PIN/password is required to enable access. Your data is now secure! Have fun! Here are screenshots of the same process