Today Android 9.0 Pie comes to OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T in open beta. This open beta update brings the full global rollout closer for both devices, with features including the brand-new Android Pie UI, Android P gesture navigation, expanded accent color customizations and more.
A huge 92% of OnePlus 6 OxygenOS users have already taken advantage of the update since it was made available 2 months ago. Android 9.0 Pie is used on less than 0.01% of Android devices globally.
OnePlus is committed to giving users the best possible experience, consistently delivering software updates for two years after the launch of a device, and security updates for an additional year after that.
- Updated system to Android™ 9.0 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Brand new navigation gestures (this is only for OnePlus 5T)
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.11
- Optimizations for background app process handling
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb mode with adjustable settings
- UI Improvements for emergency rescue
- Optimized UI for speed dial and calling interface
- Now able to assign a specific SIM for a specific contact or group of contacts when using dual SIM
- Parallel Apps
- Added support for more apps (Telegram, Discord, IMO, Uber, OLA) in parallel apps
- Now able to switch dynamically to your current location
- Display more suggestions when the search function is used
- Fixed an issue that prevented the app from refreshing when the location is changed
- Fixed an issue that resulted in some users being unable to find certain locations