Infosys Knowledge Institute (IKI), the thought leadership and research arm of Infosys (NYSE: INFY), today published a global market research report on the current cloud application landscape titled, ‘Behind the scenes of an intelligent enterprise: moving enterprise applications to the cloud.’ The report highlights drivers and objectives for enterprises to adopt cloud applications, their methods and extent of adoption, along with implementation approaches, strategy and pain points.
For this study, Infosys surveyed 853 senior executives representing firms from 12 industries, across U.S., Europe, Australia and New Zealand (ANZ).
Key insights from the survey:
- 54 percent of enterprises look at cloud applications as a foundation for their organization’s digital transformation
- 75 percent of enterprises have either deployed cloud applications or are in the process of deploying one with high-tech and telecom industries leading in the space
- Nearly 40 percent of enterprises are looking at standardization of enterprise cloud applications stack versus best-of-breed solutions. Better interoperability between systems (59 percent) and collaboration (61 percent) are seen as the top benefits of this approach
- Visionary enterprises see greater agility to respond to changing market conditions as the biggest advantage of cloud applications adoption, while most enterprises view improved data security and superior customer experience among the top benefits
- Stakeholder confidence on ROI is the top apprehension (60 percent) while organizational readiness is second (40 percent) during cloud application transformation
- Accurate estimation of time and costs (51 percent), monitoring systems (51 percent), aligning existing legacy systems with new technologies (49 percent) and promoting a culture change within the organization (48 percent) are seen as major challenges in operationalizing cloud application transformation program
- Enterprises where business executive layer (CEO, COO, CFO etc.) are more involved across various stages of cloud application adoption have higher levels of clarity on their digital transformation and are more satisfied with the progress of cloud journey
Dinesh Rao, Executive Vice President and Global Head – Enterprise Application Services, Infosys, said, “As digital disruption impacts incumbents across industries, the responsiveness of their operating models is what differentiates the best from the rest. However, enterprises face many challenges as they navigate the path towards being more sentient, ‘live’ enterprises – including choosing the right cloud approach, technology investments to repurpose and keeping up with data security. We believe the insights from this research can help enterprises with legacy landscapes to accelerate their digital journeys.”
For a full copy of the report, please visit: www.infosys.com/research-study/enterprise-cloud-apps