Mi India stated today that Redmi 2 is now available for Rs. 5,999, down Rs. 1,000 from the original launch price of Rs. 6,999. Redmi 2 first went on sale in India in March this year. It was Xiaomi’s first phone to use a 64-bit processor, and also the first to support 4G dual-SIM.
Thinner and lighter than its predecessor Redmi 1S, coupled with a soft touch matte back cover, Redmi 2 received a warm welcome from fans in India. Now, lower costs have enabled Xiaomi to reduce the price of Redmi 2, and this translates into savings that Mi fans can enjoy.
- Quad-core 64-bit Snapdragon 410 processor
- 1GB RAM, 8GB Flash (expandable to 32GB)
- 4G Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4.7-inch 1280 x 720 HD screen (312 PPI)
- 8MP BSI f/2.2 rear camera / 2MP BSI front camera with 720p video recording
- 2200mAh battery with support for Quick Charge 1.0
Starting today, Redmi 2 will be available for Rs. 5,999 on Mi.com and across all Mi India partners including Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal, The Mobile Store and Airtel.