At the end of a successful 1st year as a combined company, Dell EMC has emerged as a holistic solutions provider empowering Indian enterprises to embrace change and transform their IT infrastructure
Major milestones include:-
Technology leadership – Dell EMC leads in the technology of today – servers, storage, PCs, virtualization and security – and tomorrow – cloud infrastructure, CI and HCI, PaaS, VR/AR, etc. With an advantageous financial structure, the company has the freedom to invest for the future like no one else. Dell EMC leads the market in the most important technology segments:
- According to IDC in Q1 2017, Dell EMC is #1 in the India storage market with 43.4% market share (by revenue), Dell holds the #2 position in the India PC market with 22.5 % market share and #2 position in the India mainstream server market (by revenue) with a market share of 26.5%.
- 18 consecutive quarters of PC market share gains globally.
- #1 globally in all flash storage, worldwide server shipments, monitor shipments, converged systems and integrated infrastructure.
- Dell EMC Unity storage one of the fastest-growing storage products in company history; $1 billion in revenue in its first year.
People and Planet – Over the last year Dell EMC remained fully committed to its people, communities, and the planet. India team members contributed over 1,05,000 hours of volunteer time engaging with 1,175 non-profits working in the areas such as education, environment sustainability, women empowerment and people with disabilities . Through their volunteering efforts, the team raised over INR 2.5 crores which was used to distribute school kits, sponsor education for deserving girls and install drinking water filters in government schools.
Integration – Within the first year, the company integrated two differently structured salesforces into one salesforce for Dell and Dell EMC, and created a $35B global Dell Technologies channel. In the first half of 2017, the Dell EMC Channels business in India added many new business customers, rolled out a world-class partner program which was embraced by the channel, praised by the media and built to partners’ specifications. Today, the company has a consolidated and holistic partner program with more than 4000 registered partners in India. This has strengthened the go to market and has had a positive impact on the partner community.
Innovation – Innovation and Research & Development (R&D) continue to be a key priority for Dell EMC. India’s R&D team stands tall contributing to the overall server systems management software with the ground up engineering of 14G servers touching three key tenets of scalability, intelligent automation and integrated security.
Customer First- Dell EMC continues to focus on making digital transformation real for customers, a recurring theme of its first year together. Some of India’s success stories include:
- Chitale Dairy in Bhilawadi, India, is a shining example of a digital transformation journey with Dell EMC. Chitale sells nearly 60 million liters (16 million gallons) of milk annually from its dairy farm and small surrounding farms. Dell EMC worked with Chitale to create a Dell IoT solution to help keep livestock healthy and producing at a 10x higher yield through big data analytics, automated farmer to-do lists and computerized breeding management. Local farmers noted that this digital transformation allowed them to receive messages on cows’ pregnancies, vaccinations and changes to their diet – key drivers of their constant growth and overall profits.
- Accelya Kale: A Thane-based airline solution provider company, benefitted from the bandwagon of solutions provided by Dell EMC. By adopting Server Virtualization services, Accelya lowered its TCOs and by using PowerEdge servers, they reduced their licence and rack costs.
- KPIT: Pune-headquartered technology solutions provider company KPIT, banked on Dell EMC solutions portfolio to develop its Information Technology infrastructure, which has over the time, helped them foster innovation as well as have better control over their technology support system. They have been a long term partner with Dell EMC deploying the entire suite of solutions including Flash, Isilon, Convergenced/Hyper Converged Infrastructure etc.
- NxtGen – An India-based cloud services provider drove growth at home and abroad while cutting order lead times in half and saving millions of dollars on office expansion with the help of Dell OEM Solutions.
Bright Future Ahead
A vibrant startup ecosystem, keen government focus on digitally transforming India and a tech-enabled consumer base, has made India as the most digitally mature country in the world, according to a Dell Technologies survey conducted last year. Indian enterprises have sensed the urgency to transform digitally. While transformation is not pervasive, it is critical for organizations to follow the leaders and adopt practices that can enable them to ride the wave of the fourth Industrial Revolution. Dell EMC sees the following three areas on top of the Indian CIO’s agenda for the next two years. The Dell EMC Forum has provided attendees the opportunity to hear from various industry experts on these topics.
- Infrastructure modernization – The Indian ecosystem is rapidly evolving with organizations realizing the need to modernize their infrastructure as emerging technologies and applications drive current and future value for their businesses. With our end to end capability and offerings, we can enable them to transform cost efficiently by simplifying their architecture for optimized performance and management.
- Emerging technology and security – Dell EMC continues to prepare customers for 10 to 15 years from now (2030) when every organization will be in the IT business. While setting the transformation agenda for enterprises, security remains a key aspect of modern infrastructure environments. Data protection and cybersecurity will assume further significance in all conversations with customers. In India, Dell EMC expects most organizations would have digitized and modernized their dev ops and analytical tools by 2030 with more applications on IoT and Artificial Intelligence platforms.
- Entrepreneurshipand innovation Entrepreneurship is part of the DNA at Dell EMC and the company is committed to support women entrepreneurs with access to capital, technology, networks and information. Tapping on emerging technologies to drive innovation for women entrepreneurs, Dell EMC recently previewed the World’s First AI-based Virtual Advisor. Alice is a virtual advisor that connects women entrepreneurs in real time with the resources needed to scale based on startup stage, location, industry, revenue and individual needs. The website has a huge potential for Indian women entrepreneurs to engage and learn from their peers.
During the Dell EMC Forum, female leaders from Dell EMC – Therese Cooney, Senior Vice President, Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ) Client Solutions, Dell EMC, Karinne Brannigan – Senior Vice President, APJ Marketing, Dell EMC and Sheenam Ohrie – Vice President, Mobile & Search Engineering, Global IT, Dell EMC shared their experiences in a panel discussion on ‘Transformational Leadership with New Rules of Engagement’. Attended by women leaders and entrepreneurs in India, the session provided a platform for conversations around the attendee experiences and challenges faced by them.