Huawei announced its Intelligent Computing initiative, based on its Boundless Computing strategy. Huawei provides a full-stack artificial intelligence (AI) computing platform to bring boundless intelligent computing to life and fuel enterprise business such as computing and digital transformation. The announcement also launched the KunLun V5 Mission Critical Server and the new-generation ES3000 V5 SSD for today’s intelligence-driven era.
With the blazing-fast development of AI, quantum information technology, and virtual reality, existing computing architecture cannot deliver the volume required by these applications. This has driven the entire industry to an architectural rethink.
Drawing on its 16 years of computing practice and innovation, Huawei constantly innovates accelerator components and system architecture. Huawei proposes three technology themes in line with the enterprise demand in different stages: intelligent servers for traditional business models, hybrid cloud for digital transformation, and heterogeneous/edge computing for building intelligence. These tailored solutions help navigate enterprises go digital and go smart.
Last July, Huawei envisioned its Boundless Computing strategy. After nearly one year’s strategic investment, Huawei has infused intelligence into:
- Servers: Huawei’s focus on accelerator components and application performance accelerates the entire system by using SSD and FPGA technologies and fully converged network interface cards. In addition, Huawei introduced the concept of full-lifecycle management for customers to use, maintain, and manage server resources more conveniently.
- Cloud data centers: To evolve from server intelligence to data center intelligence, Huawei has first built orchestration and scheduling of heterogeneous computing resources into the Huawei public cloud. Customers have access to such resources in seconds. Huawei’s intelligent applications available on the public cloud offer ubiquitous intelligence and full-scenario support. Second, Huawei offers an E2E data center solution. Intelligent server–data center coordination lets customers manage data center resources the smarter way, reducing maintenance costs by 25% and energy consumption by 5%.
- Edge computing: Huawei brings data center intelligence to the edge thanks to its solution for real-time analysis and modeling of edge data and edge-cloud collaboration. These features make more intelligent applications a reality.
Huawei deploys the Intelligent Computing initiative while staying customer-centric. Technological innovation helps customers open up their IT systems from general-purpose silos to versatile collaborations, and break through computing boundaries. Enterprise IT is reborn with a brain.
- Huawei’s latest ES3000 V5 is one of its three accelerator components. Its ease of use, smarter features, and 50% outperformance of previous generations supports intelligent multi-stream, atomic write, and intelligent O&M for good service QoS and customer experience. Huawei provides a reference architecture for customers to select the right architecture for their needs.
- The newest Huawei Mission Critical Server boasts three Huawei-unique features. KunLun V5 is the industry’s only server to support CPU and memory hot swap, physical and logical partitioning, and an open ecosystem. Enterprise IT systems can now migrate even faster from closed platform to open architecture while safeguarding critical systems. Customers can then reserve their focus for business operations.
Huawei forges ahead with continuous innovation in intelligent computing. With partners in a robust AI ecosystem, Huawei promotes intelligence everywhere and greater value for enterprises.