OnePlus, the global premium smartphone maker announced exclusive offers for students from 23 July 2018 to 30 July 2018. Specifically designed for students going ‘Back-to-School’ this season, these offers are centered around making OnePlus products more accessible to college students who are at the core of the OnePlus community.
- INR 1500 discount on HDFC credit and debit cards on purchase of the OnePlus 6 across all channels
- No cost EMI on Amazon.in
- 20% off for student on OnePlus 6 cases and covers in all OnePlus exclusive online and offline stores
- Special offers on Kindle for students
Vikas Agarwal, General Manager, OnePlus India, said, “Our core users are between the ages of 18-35 and students form almost 30% of that community. Students are the most demanding consumers who believe in making educated purchases backed by extensive research and therefore, investing in a premium smartphone becomes that much more crucial.
“With these offers, we hope to make it easier for students to purchase our latest premium flagship and other accessories. Our products are designed for smooth performance that is ideal for multitasking, helping you balance all aspects of your college-life, both work and play with ease,” he added.
‘Back-to-School’ offers are available on Amazon.in, oneplus.in and all exclusive offline stores.
With a 6.28-inch Full Optic AMOLED 19:9 display – OnePlus’ largest-ever screen – the OnePlus 6 offers an immersive viewing experience, while keeping a similar form factor to that of the OnePlus 5T. Due to the presence of the notch and its edges, the OnePlus 6 screen now measures 6.28 inches which is marginally higher than the 6.01 inches on the OnePlus 5T. Like I said earlier, there is a display setting that lets you mask the notch, and I did not experience any sort of trouble with trouble with any full-screen apps or even video players. The screen resolution is 1080×2280, which is well below the Quad HD resolution that is prevalent today but that change is hardly perceptible to the human eye, and it’s extremely unlikely that you will feel like you’re losing out on anything in real life though. So absolutely no issues there at all. The screen is pretty vivid and the viewing angles are quite good. The ability to switch screen calibration from RGB, sRGB to DCI-P3 through the settings is pretty nifty to have. The auto-brightness setting was a tad bit on the aggressive side and personally, I preferred to not have it on. Sunlight legibility is not an issue at all and the display stands you in very good stead even under heavy usage. One of the best displays in the market now on and Android phone I would say.
The OnePlus 6 ships with the now widely popular Oxygen OS which is one of my favorite Android skins till date. The whole idea of Oxygen OS is the fact that it is there but stays out of your way. Oxygen OS in my opinion is only flavor of Android that does not heavily obfuscate the stock experience. There are many people who believe that OnePlus ships with stock Android and that is the biggest complement to Oxygen OS. While it is light, there are subtle customizations that OnePlus users now love. Some of the good ones are
- There is full gesture support for navigation and it works pretty well, after moving to this, I am now unable to imagine going back to the navigation bar.
- It has one of the fastest implementations of face unlock in the Android world
- Apart from navigation, there are gestures like flip to silence and three finger screenshot that are pretty practical and thoughtful
- Oxygen Os supports a lot of third party icon packs that you can use right out of the play store
- The zero screen which is called the shelf gives you easy access to things that you do most often on your phone
It would not be an exaggeration to say that Oxygen OS is one of the biggest reasons why the OnePlus 6 is as fast as it is
Given all that, this offer from OnePlus will definitely go a long way in helping the youngsters get their hands on a OnePlus 6 and get more productive in their lives.