Oracle Retail has been recognized as a leader in point of sale solutions by Forrester Research. “The Forrester Wave™: Point Of Service, Q3 2018” report recognizes Oracle Retail for, “…demonstrated strength in mobile extensions, back office functionality, and the architecture to deliver resilient, responsive, modern, cloud and mobile POS deployments. Oracle clients offered a positive view of Oracle’s global footprint, stability and architecture… Oracle is a best fit for sophisticated international retailers.”
According to Forrester, “The POS market is growing because more digital business professionals see it as a way to address their top challenges. This is in large part because they increasingly trust POS providers to act as strategic partners that help them deliver compelling customer experience (CX) through the path to purchase, return, and repeat purchase.”
“Omnichannel retailers are challenged with creating differentiated customer experiences that convert sales, drive loyalty and personalize service,” said Jeff Warren, vice president, Oracle Retail. “Oracle is uniquely positioned to provide retailers with modern POS infrastructure that arms associates with the tools and insights they need to offer the innovative brand experiences that customers expect.”
Xstore Delivers Resilient, Responsive and Modern Cloud POS Innovation Optimized for Mobile
Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service delivers robust functionality which enables retail associates to deliver on brand promise in store with inventory visibility, customer intelligence, and seamless transactions. Here are some new advances with Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service:
- Rapid Deployment. With Oracle’s pre-integrated omnichannel suite—which includes Oracle Retail Order Management, Oracle Retail Order Broker, Oracle Retail Customer Engagement, Oracle Commerce Cloud and Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service—we’ve built in the integration, orchestrated the synchronization and engineered the hardware for the ultimate Omnichannel experience. Retailers can focus on configuring the system to meet their business needs/rules, instead of the building of the entire back-end integration. The out-of-the-box sophisticated customer shopping journeys can be implemented in weeks or months.
- Enabling Flexible Omnichannel Journeys. Associates are empowered to deliver an experience that matches customer expectations. Oracle Retail enables the consumer journeys required to deliver a superior experience. Associates are now able to add multiple order types in a single transaction and during fulfillment split line and split item to improve their ability to sell down to the last item.
- Single View of Customer. Today’s shoppers share personal interests to the extent where offers should be specific to them. First-hand data, together within Oracle Retail Customer Insights Cloud Service and Oracle Retail Customer Engagement Cloud Service help retailers understand what customers want, and when they want it.
- Personalization. Customer Entitlements are delivered as an out of the box component of this suite of solutions. And with the stronger integration between Oracle Marketing Cloud and Oracle Retail Customer Engagement Cloud Service, retailers can personalize offers.
- Thin Deployment with Oracle MICROS Hardware. Oracle software and hardware are engineered to work better together. Oracle Retail Xstore Point of Service has been engineered for smaller footprints and portability with the Oracle MICROS hardware. The software is now optimized to support sleek and slim hardware the 610 Series 700 tablet and the Compact 310.
- POS Integration that Streamlines Investigation. A heightened degree of integration between Oracle Retail XBRi Cloud Service and Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service further enhances the ability of XBRi’s embedded science to pinpoint new sources of risk and deliver purpose-build reports that streamline and support investigative activities while leveraging the best practices built into the Oracle Retail portfolio.
- Modern Retailing. Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service delivers associate mobility that allows them to engage with their customers on the sales floor where the purchasing decision is made. Blurring the line between the shopping and the purchasing experiences, Xstore’s IP enabled store delivers shared peripherals (printers, PIN pads, and even the cash drawer) significantly increasing capacity while reducing the overall deployment cost.
- Secure Payments. Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service offers retailers a secure abstracted payment solution that enables the rapid uptake of emerging payment technologies while removing the burden of PCIDSS overheads.
Supporting the Global Footprint. Through a combination of configuration and prepackaged accelerators all within the single code base, Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service delivers a global solution that addresses the many and varying requirements for retailers’ operations around the world.