Recently Amazon introduced the all-new Kindle with a front light for ₹7,999. Now you can adjust the display brightness to read comfortably in even more places—whether indoors at night or outside in the sun. The all-new Kindle also includes an updated design and the latest electronic ink technology for better contrast. I spent considerable time with the device and here is my review
Like all Kindle devices, the all-new Kindle provides a sanctuary reading experience with no distractions and includes a glare-free display with laser-quality text that’s easy to read. The new adjustable front light makes it even more comfortable to read in a variety of places while still delivering weeks of battery life. The all-new Kindle also includes updated electronic ink technology for better contrast and now uses capacitive touch to prevent accidental swipes on the six-inch, 167 ppi display.
The refreshed design delivers all these great features while keeping the device thin and light, so it’s easy to hold in one hand for long reading sessions. And the all-new Kindle comes with features customers love—storage to hold thousands of books so you can take your library with you, a battery life that lasts weeks not hours, and a durable design that makes it easy to bring with you on the go.
The all-new Kindle helps you go beyond a book with Amazon’s newest reading features. Now, when you finish a book, it will automatically be marked as read in your library and synced across your reading devices including Kindle and the free Kindle apps for iOS and Android. With just a few taps, you can filter to see which books you’ve read and which you haven’t, so organizing your library has never been easier.
Additionally, last year, Amazon introduced a new home experience making it easier to find your next great read. We’re continuing to add to the experience and now you will find more recommendations based on your reading history, including new and trending titles in Kindle Unlimited and the Kindle Store.
These features will be delivered as a free, over-the-air update to the all-new Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite Gen 6 (released in 2013), and newer devices in the coming months.
The all-new Kindle includes all the features that have made the Kindle family the best devices for reading:
- Whispersync —Saves and synchronizes your last page read, bookmarks, and annotations from your Kindle eBooks across all of your Kindle devices and apps, so you can always pick up where you left off on any device.
- Goodreads—Kindle is integrated with the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations, with over 85 million members and 86 million book reviews.
- X-Ray—Explore the “Bones of the Book”—see all the passages across a book that mention relevant ideas, fictional characters, historical figures, places, or topics of interest.
- Smart Lookup—Integrates a full dictionary definition with other reference information via X-Ray and Wikipedia.
- Reading Benefits for Prime— Prime members can enjoy unlimited access to hundreds of eBooks and comics, at no extra cost, with Prime Reading.
The device is now the newest member of the Kindle family, that includes Kindle Paperwhite, which features a high-resolution, 300 ppi display with a flush-front design and waterproofing, and Kindle Oasis, which includes a seven-inch, high-resolution display, waterproofing, and an ergonomic design.
In my opinion, at ₹7,999, the all new Kindle is a great buy that delivers the same Kindle reading experience with the adjustable lights adding more to the whole ease of reading.